CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

June 17, 2008

Tuesday in Nashville

My family met in Nashville today to celebrate my dad's birthday, my sister's birthday, Mother's Day, and Father's Day. Since my sister is going to school up there, it's hard for her to get back to Huntsville for birthdays and holidays. It finally worked out that my sister didn't have school or work, and my dad was off from the fire station, so my parents, Marc, and I all drove up to Nashville to celebrate.

We headed up to Hendersonville, north of Nashville, in search of a little place called Steamboat Bill's. After about a 30 minute drive, we spotted the alligator (or was it a crocodile?) and knew we were there.



So, after we got out of our respective cars, we headed inside not knowing what to expect. This is what we saw as soon as we walked in the door:

 
Again, I'm not sure if this was an alligator or a crocodile, but he didn't look too happy to see us! But we were brave and kept going, and a nice girl led us to our table.


It was a cute place, but I knew we were in for good things when I saw the paper towel holder on our table. It says "Pinch dem' tails! Suck dem' head!" A true Cajun restaurant!


So, we ordered a menagerie of appetizers including fried pickles (my favorite!), calamari, boudin balls, pistolette (etouffee on bread), and gumbo. We all shared with each other, and everything was soooo good! Then our orders came. I didn't get a chance to take pictures of everyone's food, but I did manage to get a few. I ordered the popcorn shrimp:


Marc ordered the crawfish etouffee:


And my sister, Kelli, and her boyfriend ordered the seafood platter which consisted of fish, stuffed shrimp, stuffed crabs, frog legs (ewwww!), and popcorn shrimp:


After stuffing ourselves full of wonderful food, we managed to roll ourselves out to the parking lot. And of course, I managed to take some pictures of my family!

My Mother and Daddy

Marc and Me

Kelli, Daddy, Mother, and Me

And Java, the Dog!

0 comments: