CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

March 30, 2009

St. Patrick's Day at Hollywood Studios



We celebrated St. Patrick's Day at Hollywood Studios by wearing our custom-made t-shirts. We were there for rope drop and quickly made our way over to Toy Story Mania to get FastPasses. The lines were loooonnnngggg, but we only had to wait about 15 minutes to get them. So glad we did!

After getting FastPasses, we headed to some less crowded areas of the park. We went to see Muppet*Vision and walked around the back lot areas. After checking the time for Lights, Motors, Action!, we headed back over toward the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. Since I had a really bad motion sickness experience with this ride the last time, I decided to sit out. I watched the Beauty and the Beast show, and Marc rode the coaster. We agreed to meet back up when he was finished.

After the Beauty and the Beast show, I sat on the brick ledge to get some sun and waited for Marc. That was a major mistake! I'll explain later...

After Marc (finally!) showed up, we went to see Lights, Motors, Action! It was an awesome show! We even got to see Herbie!




So, remember how I said I made a big mistake by sitting on that brick ledge? Sunburned, right? Well, not really. A couple of weeks before we left for Disney, I came down with a wicked case of Strep throat. Then about a week later, I caught a cold. As a result, I had an infected lymph node in my neck. It was so bad the day before that it really hurt when I moved my neck, and I had a hard time sleeping on my side.

So, what did Dummy (me) do? I took two strong antibiotics that, thank God, I had brought with me. What I didn't do was read the warnings on the side that said this particular antibiotic caused light sensitivity and to stay out of the sun for prolonged periods.

Well, during Lights, Motors, Action!, I started feeling really sick...a cross between wanting to vomit and passing out. Of course, I didn't tell Marc any of this, because he really, really wanted to see the show. At the end, I politely suggested that we head back to the resort to cool off before dinner. So, turns out sitting on that ledge in the full sun for over 30 minutes turned into a mild case of sun poisoning and a pretty good sunburn on my arms. Lovely!

Marc, seeing that I wasn't feeling too good, agreed to go back to the room, and I was able to shower and cool off. I also took a really long nap and woke up feeling somewhat better. There was no way that I was going to miss eating at Cape May again like I did in September. (Was sick with some sort of stomach thing then!)

We drove over to the Beach Club and enjoyed a nice, cloudy stroll to the resort.

Our dinner was really nice until our server dropped a tray of half-eaten food (from other guests) all over Marc's legs and shoes. Ewwww! (Thank goodness for Crocs!) The server was very apologetic and took 20% off our bill (We were on the dining plan.) and offered to buy us drinks. We were able to get everything cleaned off, so it wasn't a big deal.

After dinner, Marc decided to see if we could sneak over to get some pictures of the new Kidani village. Next up...pictures!

0 comments: