CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

March 24, 2009

Dinner at Kona Cafe



To kick off our trip, we decided to dine at Kona Cafe on Saturday night. It's in the Polynesian hotel, and it's my favorite restaurant for dinner. We ate at Kona in September, and I fell in love with it!

We started off with the sweet bread and macadamia nut butter. I was in such a frenzy that I forgot to take a picture of it! It was really good, but we tried not to eat too much of it. We didn't want to ruin our appetites.

Marc ordered the Teriyaki New York Strip and substituted the sticky rice for the mashed potatoes. He said it was one of the best steaks he has ever had.


I ordered the Panko-Breaded Shrimp and Grilled Scallops. I substituted the mashed potatoes for the sticky rice. Everything was heavenly, especially the grilled scallops!


After our wonderful entrees, we ordered our desserts. Marc got the White Chocolate Cheesecake. It was absolutely precious! It had "Celebrate Today" stenciled on the plate, along with fondant streamers and Mickey sprinkles.


In September, I ordered an "adult" dessert, but this time I ordered exactly what I wanted: the Kona Kone! And it was worth every bit of embarrassment! It had vanilla and chocolate ice cream, a chocolate Mickey, cotton candy, and an assortment of decorations including Mickey sprinkles, m&ms, toasted coconut, and ground almonds. Yummy!


Everything was wonderful! It was definitely a great way to kick off our trip! After dinner, we decided to head back to Pop and enjoy the pool. It was exactly what we needed after a long day of driving!


1 comments:

Adam said...

Everything looks oh so yummy!!