CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

July 18, 2008

Where Friends Meet to Eat

First of all, I would like to apologize for not bringing my camera on this particular outing. I thought we were just going to grab a quick lunch and head back to the house.


Marc and I started to get a little hungry this afternoon. Instead of having a turkey sandwich at the house, I told him I wanted something like Chick-fil-a or Jack in the Box. Just something to hold us over until dinner time. 

As we were driving down the street, I mentioned how this place called Kincaid's Hamburgers always had a crowd. We debuted about whether or not to go, since neither of us had ever been. Finally, we decided to throw caution to the wind and try it out. Boy, I'm so glad we did!

Charles Kincaid's Grocery and Markey started in 1946 in the cultural district of Fort Worth. In 1966, O.R. Gentry, Kincaid's meat cutter, bought the business and started making hamburgers on a used grill. Word spread through Fort Worth that these were some awesome hamburgers. Eventually, counters and picnic tables replaced the market, and Kincaid's became a hamburger grill. Apparently, this is a little Fort Worth gem that we just stumbled upon.

Marc ordered a small hamburger with everything, and I ordered a small cheeseburger with only mayonnaise and ketchup. We also ordered a plain hot dog, a corn dog, and an order of onion rings. (We had to have things to sample, right?) The girl who took our order wrote it on a white paper bag, and we grabbed a seat at one of the picnic tables to wait for our name to be called.

A few minutes later, we had our order. My hamburger had to have been one of the best I have ever tasted. It was so good! Marc liked his burger, too. The onion rings were outstanding, and the hot dog had a really good flavor. Neither one of us really cared for the corn dog. 

I'm so glad that we found Kincaid's Hamburgers, and I can't wait to go back!


0 comments: