CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

July 17, 2008

On My Own

Today, I ventured out on my own in big ol' Fort Worth! I managed to go to several places, and I didn't get lost. I'm so proud of myself!


We went to a great Tex Mex restaurant last night. Being that I wanted to fit in with my surroundings, I enjoyed an adult beverage...a frozen margarita swirled with sangria. (Yummy!) Since I don't drink that much, it hit me hard and quick, and as soon as I got home, I hit the bed. I didn't wake up until almost 9:00am. It probably didn't help that I was exhausted and hadn't eaten much yesterday.

By the time I woke up, everyone was gone. So, I decided that I wanted to head to a few stores around the area of Fort Worth where my in-laws live. Before shopping, I stopped at Chick-fil-a cause a girl's gotta eat, and I needed shopping energy. Then I went to Garden Ridge and looked around there for awhile. I ended up buying a wooden "M," a new soap dispenser for the kitchen, and a pillow for the bedroom.

After Garden Ridge, I went to World Market. I absolutely love that store, and the nearest one to home is in Birmingham. I looked at all their interesting stuff, but I didn't buy anything. Then, I went to Hulen Mall. I was going to the Dallas Cowboys pro shop to buy a window cling for my Honda, but I couldn't get one. Their computers were down, and they didn't know how long it would be before they came back up. I plan on going back before we leave.

After Hulen Mall, I decided to head back to the house. Everyone was home by then, so we hung out for a while and then ate a nice dinner. It was a really good day, and I'm so proud of myself for not getting lost in Fort Worth! Yay me!

0 comments: