CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

November 12, 2008

Two Weeks

It's been two weeks ago that we had to put Guiedo to sleep. Every day gets a little better, although I still cry every now and then when I think about him. I still tell him good morning every day as I'm looking out the window. That was my little routine when he was still alive, so I still do it. As I said earlier, it makes me feel like a part of Guied is still with us.


Salvie (Also called Nubbin' or Nubbers...) has gotten really spoiled in the last couple of weeks. He has pretty much moved into our bedroom and taken over our big chair. It's funny because Marc will sit in the chair to watch TV or check his email, and if he ever gets up, Sal will immediately hop up there and try to claim the seat. He knows exactly what he's doing, because he gives Marc a pitiful look. Thank goodness he doesn't really try to get on the bed anymore. I think it's because he is getting older, and our bed is really high off the floor. When he was a puppy, he jumped up there all the time, and it drove me nuts! 

Sal is a boxer mix and has really short hair. He's always had some degree of cold intolerance, but lately he pretty much refuses to go out into the backyard. He will go out with me when I put him on a leash, so I'm not sure what's going on. I'm hoping it's just because it's getting colder outside.

So, we're adjusting to life without Guiedo and showering Salvie with lots of love and attention. And he's lovin' every minute of it!


0 comments: