CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

November 4, 2008

Patriotism and Diversion

Today I got to fulfill my civic duty not once, but twice. I got to vote, and I'm serving on a jury.


Last night, Marc told me that he would be getting up early to stand in line to vote. He encouraged me to join him, and I half-heartedly agreed. When 6:00 came this morning, I decided to sleep in and take my chances. Marc was gone for about 45 minutes because there was a short line. I, however, left the house at 8:30 and was able to walk right in. I was in and out in less than 10 minutes! 

Yesterday I reported for Jury Duty. I was picked among the first group to be interviewed by attorneys. After about 45 minutes of questioning, I was chosen to serve on a jury. I was so excited! The judge on the case allowed us to come in late this morning and leave early this afternoon, so we could vote. I still have to go back tomorrow for deliberations. Then, I will go back into the jury pool with a chance of being chosen for another case. This is a special sessions week, so they're trying as many cases as time will allow.

I have to admit that this has been a welcomed diversion from my daily life. I haven't had a lot of time to dwell on Guiedo's illness and death. My attention has been so focused on listening to details from the case that I've only thought about him a few times...mostly at night when I'm feeding the other dogs. I also have to admit that we've been showering Salvie with lots of love and attention, and he always makes me laugh. He's so goofy!


0 comments: