CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

August 7, 2008

A Rough Start and a Better Second Day

Well, yesterday was pretty rough as far as first days go. I have a good class, but they're a little "busy." I told them all about our rules and routines, and we did a few ice-breaker activities. It was a long, hectic day, and the kids were really tired by the end of the day. I was tired myself and just wanted to crash when I got home, but I had to teach class at church. (Whew! That's a whole 'nother story in itself.)


Today was much better. We seem to be quickly getting into a routine, which is good. The kids were following my procedures and seemed to be catching on. These first few days are so crucial to a successful year. 

We also began doing baseline testing today. The testing will go on until at least the end of next week, then I can really start teaching. That's what I'm looking forward to!

0 comments: