CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

August 21, 2008

Now This is More Like It!

We are finally settling down at work and each day seems to be getting a little better. Today was a really good day, and I felt a sense of accomplishment. I had to give the first reading test from the new series today, and it went really well. So, I guess all the hard work is paying off, and the kids are learning what they need to know.


Two of the kids really cracked me up today. One of the kids, Bud, insisted on being called Boudreau (boo-DRO). I laughed so hard when he told me that in an ultra-serious voice. Another one of the boys told me that he was starting to get "guns." I did a double-take on that one and asked him what he was talking about, thinking surely his parents were getting him guns. Then he told me he was talking about his arm muscles. I had to really contain myself on that one, so I didn't burst out laughing. This is more like what I'm used to teaching 2nd graders. Every day is different, and it's never boring!

0 comments: