CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

August 3, 2008

10 Years Ago This Month...

1. Marc had just moved down here from Connecticut. We had a long-distance relationship for almost a year, so I was really glad when he finally made the move!

2. I had just moved out of my parents' house and into my very first apartment. That was a huge adjustment to make. The Laundry Fairy didn't make any visits, and I had to wash my own clothes!

3.  I was about to begin my first "real" teaching job. I was hired to teach a pilot program called P.O.W.E.R. (Positive Options While Experiencing Readiness) I had seven 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders who had basically been kicked out of their regular classes for various reasons. It was a lot of work, but I'd do it again in a second. I learned so much that year.

4. I was two and a half months away from getting married. (Lots of big changes that year...) We had a very simple wedding, but it was out of town which made planning difficult.

Looking back, that August was a huge month in my life. So many changes were happening that would shape my life. I wish I could do it all over again!

0 comments: