CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

December 31, 2008

Connecticut Snow on New Year's Eve

I finally got my wish to see some fresh Connecticut snow! I've always wanted to take pictures of the beautiful houses set against the snow, and I was not disappointed! The next few pictures speak for themselves.




Today we went to Branford Supply Pond. I have this thing about the contrast of snow and water. Isn't it beautiful?


Someone had just fed the ducks some donuts, so they were being still enough that I could take some pictures of them.



The next two pictures have got to be my two favorites. I absolutely love old church buildings, and these were within a block of each other. I hit the jackpot!



Old cemeteries are another one of my fascinations. In the Branford area, many of them date back to the late 1600s/early 1700s. This one had stones that dated in the late 1700s, so I couldn't resist taking a few pictures.



We also went down by the shoreline. There are several mansions down there that look like dollhouses. 


And of course, we have more pictures of the ocean.





We also went to Branford Point. There are a lot of houses in that area that, to me, are quintessential Connecticut homes. They were absolutely beautiful in the snow!





More pictures from the Point:



We spotted this seagull chillin' in the snow.


He stayed pretty still but got a little upset when another seagull got too close.


I took 147 pictures today, so this is only a small sampling of them. I tried to pick out my favorites to post. It's definitely a day I won't soon forget!

0 comments: