CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

December 14, 2008

My Favorite Christmas Movies

A Christmas Story
This is my all-time favorite Christmas movie! I don't remember when it started, but my family would watch this movie every year. One of the cable channels would run an all-day Christmas Story marathon, and we would watch it over and over. When Marc and I got married, we bought the DVD, so we wouldn't have to wait for it to come on TV. Can you believe this year is the 25th anniversary of the movie? Go ahead and watch the all-day marathon...I triple dog dare ya!

It's a Wonderful Life
Marc introduced me to It's a Wonderful Life a few years ago. I know...Can you believe that I had never watched it until he forced me to? Crazy! It's now one of my favorite movies. It has such a wonderful message!

Christmas Vacation
What would Christmas be without watching Christmas Vacation at least once? Let's face it, this movie makes our real-life families seem not quite so strange! And it makes me long to have enough Christmas lights that my old Aunt Bethany will wonder if the house is on fire.


Elf
I love, love, love Will Ferrell movies. (With the exception of Semi-Pro!) He totally cracks me up. So, what could be better than Will and Christmas mixed together? Buddy is such a sweet and naive elf. His favorite food groups are candy, candy canes, candy corns, and syrup. Don't you just want to pinch his cheeks?

The Polar Express
When you teach 2nd graders, every year you have to deal with the dreaded question: "Is Santa real?" To me, this movie beautifully answers that question. And of course I still believe!


Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Rudolph has been one of my favorite movies since I was a little girl. I vividly remember watching it every Christmas. When I was 16, I started my first job, in retail, right at Christmas time. I remember being devastated that I wouldn't be able to watch Rudolph that year. Simply heartbroken. Now, I show it to my kids each year and tell them that I watched it when I was a little girl. They always say "What kind of movie is that?" They haven't grown up watching the claymation movies. How sad!

0 comments: