CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

January 7, 2009

They Say You Can Never Go Home

Yesterday, we got a lot of rain around our house. So much that they ended up closing some of the roads around us due to flooding. The creek/ditch that runs next to our house was completely full and running over at the banks. The water ended up crossing the road in front of our house. It was horrifying!

Being the baby that I am, I didn't want to sleep at our house. We are on a septic system, and I was afraid that we might have problems with it overnight. (That's a whole 'nother story that we can attribute to our stupid, moronic neighbor next door.) So, I packed up and headed to my parents' house. Just me...Marc was brave and stayed back to keep an eye on things and take care of our dog.

So, last night I slept in my old bedroom. This morning, I got ready in my old bathroom. When I lived with my parents, I loved, loved, loved that bedroom! It was huge and had its own sitting area. I had a huge walk-in closet and my own bathroom and vanity area. Have I mentioned that I loved that room? But last night and this morning felt pretty strange! I realized that I was no longer in love with that room and all the space it has.

I guess it has something to do with missing my husband and the fact that I don't like to sleep alone. It could also have something to do with the fact that that is a part of my life that is behind me, and I can never go back to those innocent, stress-free days. But I can honestly say that I missed "my" house! As small as it is, I actually missed its coziness! I missed its warmth!

Tonight, I'm sleeping in my own bedroom! And I'm sure I'll get a much better night's sleep!

0 comments: