CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

December 21, 2010

Dinner at Triton's

Our second dinner on the cruise was at Triton's. It was an underwater-themed restaurant that featured Ariel and Triton, her father. It was absolutely beautiful and very relaxing.

Triton

Ariel

First, we ordered drinks. Marc ordered some sort of wine, and our server was nice enough to bring me a Shirley Temple. Such sweet goodness!

Shirley Temple

We started off with appetizers. Marc ordered escargot made with chopped mushrooms and garlic butter, and I ordered chilled with a lemon dill dressing. My shrimp was very good, and Marc said his escargot was delicious. (There's no way I was going to try them.)

Prince Eric's Escargots Gratines

Chilled Jumbo Shrimp

For our entrees, Marc ordered the lobster macaroni. It was made with lobster, gruyere cheese, and a cheese sauce tossed with pasta. I really wanted to order the same dish, but I decided to stay away from cheese and cream sauces that night. Instead, I ordered a roasted chicken breast and a plain potato. It was much more appetizing than it looked.

Three-Cheese Lobster Macaroni

Roasted Chicken Breast and Plain Baked Potato

By the time for dessert, I was feeling a little deprived. So, Marc and I ordered two desserts to share. Marc ordered Triton's Sweet Temptations, which was a trio of creme brulee, chocolate mousse, and a praline pastry. I ordered the brioche with toffee sauce. Both were delightful!

Triton's Sweet Temptations

Brioche and Pannetone Pudding

Marko, our server, wasn't sure that we ordered the right dessert. He had suggested another dessert, which we decided to go against. So, he brought one out for us to "sample." It was the Grand Marnier souffle with vanilla creme sauce.

Grand Marnier Souffle

Can you say Heavenly?!?! Oh.my.word. It was the culinary highlight of the cruise. Marko was right, and we thanked him again and again! He ended up bringing this same dessert to us at the end of each dinner after that. So good!


0 comments: