CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

February 21, 2009

The Week from Hell

This week started off pretty crappy. I woke up early Sunday morning (at about 2:00) and didn't feel so good. Apparently, it was either a relapse of the stomach virus I had a few days ago, or something I ate didn't agree with me. Anyway, I ended up staying up most of the night in excruciating pain. (In fact, I'm up at 1:30am writing this now with the same exact symptoms.)


Skip to Monday...We had Teacher Inservice on Presidents Day. (What's that all about? We've never had to work on a federal holiday...can't say that anymore!) It ended up being a pretty productive day, because I chose to work in my classroom. I filed a mound of paperwork, dusted and sanitized the surfaces, and straightened the room. I was pretty pleased with the day. I even had enough energy (and sanity!) to do some scrapbooking when I got home.

On Tuesday and Wednesday, we had a SACS Review Team in our school. I don't know why, but I really stress over things like this. (And I'm embarrassed to say that it's my first SACS review in the 11 years that I've been teaching. I was sick during the last one!) I know I'm not doing anything wrong or against the rules, but simple mistakes can ruin a school's reputation.

To add to the stress, on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, we lost Tony, our beagle mix. He was actually the oldest of all our dogs. We're not really sure of his age, because he was from the pound, but we got him after Guiedo. Tony was a difficult dog, and we never really bonded with him like we did Guied. Tony preferred to be outside chasing birds and barking at the neighbor's horses. Tony liked the company of Guiedo more than he liked being with us. So, once Guiedo died, Tony went down pretty fast. It was like he was heartbroken over Guied.

On Thursday, we had yet another visit from the Alabama Reading Initiative. This visit was a complete bomb, which has never happened to us. We're usually really on our game. The visitors happened to show up during a transitional time, so all of the classrooms were finishing up whole group and getting ready to move into small groups. Without going into all the details about how I run my classroom, I'll just say that the kids were really thrown for a loop. They were so confused. So, we had to shake it off and get back to work.

Today, we didn't do too much around school. All of us were mentally exhausted and ready for the weekend. I gave the kids some extra recess and fun activities, and I was able to get some housekeeping things done around the room. 

I'm glad this week is almost over, and I'm looking forward to just chillin' around the house!


0 comments: