CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

July 18, 2008

Mmmmmm...German Pancakes

This morning, Marc took me to the Ol' South Pancake House in Fort Worth. It's become a Texas tradition, and we always try to eat there at least once during our visits. The first time I went, I ordered pancakes, even though my father-in-law urged me to get the German pancakes. The thought of lemon, butter, and powdered sugar on what was basically an egg crepe sounded disgusting. However, when his pancake arrived at the table, I took a bite of it because it smelled so good. It was love at first taste!

Now, every time we go the Pancake House, I order my own German pancake. It's the only place I have ever found that makes them. Like I said above it's basically an egg crepe, with a little bit of butter and powdered sugar on top. Then, they take lemons and microwave them to soften them and bring them to the table:



Then, they press the lemons to juice them and pour the juice over the crepe:


Next, they mix the lemon juice, butter, and powdered sugar on top of the crepe:


And they fold it up into a nice little package:


And, now you have a wonderfully delicious German pancake:


Like I said, I haven't been able to find these anywhere else. Doesn't it look absolutely scrumptious? 

1 comments:

Ol south pancake hose said...

Karen,

Hello! First i would like to thank you for the great review you gave our restaurant on the German Pancakes.
We have been a family owned business since 1962 and ts very important to us to hear that people are happy.
We had one of our customers come in with this printout and were excited to read this article.
Karen, your next German pancake is on me! Tell em Rex sent you.

Rex Benson
owner